Tuesday 10 May 2011

Resurfacing


We’re all finally surfacing after a couple of days lying low with the flu – I came down with it about 2 days ahead of the rest of the family so that’s helping me out in that I’m 2 days better, but it’s still been 5 days and I’m not completely back to normal yet, so I’m glad we delayed our ferry ‘til Friday. We’re very lucky to be staying with such good and accommodating friends Bron and Mike, who haven’t minded having four extra people in their house (and being sick, we’re inside a lot) for such a long time. Luckily all four boys have gotten on really well the whole time (I hope I’m not jinxing myself) so it hasn’t been a problem.
It has meant, though, that with time spent sleeping it off here, we’re a bit behind so we’re going to have to skip Lake Eyre and Coober Pedy. It’s a shame because Nick and I were keen on the lake and I think the boys would have liked Coober Pedy, but the trip is going to be full of choices such as this….
So now we’re researching where to stay next, heading across the top of Adelaide towards the Nullarbor rather than up north. We have also noticed some interesting facts about Kangaroo Island that had never occurred to me until I just read them: on Kangaroo Island there are no: food chains, no night clubs, no cinema, and no traffic lights!

No comments:

Post a Comment